Originally Posted by pete53
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by pete53
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Winchester extreme SS rifles are unobtanium right now. A few months ago there were some 270's out there but they are now gone.

I still would not buy one, classic stainless is the way I would go.

Unless I bring down the trigger poundage I never take the action out of the stock at least when I first buy it. I shoot it before I start messing around with it.

i strip many of my new firearms right away ,i prefer to glass bed a new bolt action right away , i get better long time/ forever consistent accuracy then. i don`t care how it shoots out of the box i am not writing a book . i am doing what is needed to guarantee me the best accuracy for a hunting tool called a rifle.

I don't fix what is not broken when buying new . If there is an accuracy issue with gun then I can send it back . If it is a mint used gun I tear it apart no questions asked. Those that have questionable bedding get rebedded, triggers adjusted and cleaned down to bare metal in the bore.

That said I have never had to contact Beretta support concerning a Tikka or Sako(except A7 magazine) .

if you seen how that fiber piece stuck to the wood looks you would glass bed the rifle too right away ,for being a nice rifle that is not a cheap rifle with this 10 cent fiber piece of chit stuck to the wood stock is almost shameful.

How bout posting up some pics of this 10 cent fiber piece? It's introducing a certain amount of bullshit to your post. Has anyone else experienced this 10 cent fiber piece? I have not. May be a bit of adhesive to hold the steel bedding lug in place during assembly..

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member