Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by pete53
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Winchester extreme SS rifles are unobtanium right now. A few months ago there were some 270's out there but they are now gone.

I still would not buy one, classic stainless is the way I would go.

Unless I bring down the trigger poundage I never take the action out of the stock at least when I first buy it. I shoot it before I start messing around with it.

i strip many of my new firearms right away ,i prefer to glass bed a new bolt action right away , i get better long time/ forever consistent accuracy then. i don`t care how it shoots out of the box i am not writing a book . i am doing what is needed to guarantee me the best accuracy for a hunting tool called a rifle.

I don't fix what is not broken when buying new . If there is an accuracy issue with gun then I can send it back . If it is a mint used gun I tear it apart no questions asked. Those that have questionable bedding get rebedded, triggers adjusted and cleaned down to bare metal in the bore.

That said I have never had to contact Beretta support concerning a Tikka or Sako(except A7 magazine) .

if you seen how that fiber piece stuck to the wood looks you would glass bed the rifle too right away ,for being a nice rifle that is not a cheap rifle with this 10 cent fiber piece of chit stuck to the wood stock is almost shameful.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman