Originally Posted by jc189
Originally Posted by Bogtrotter
I'm on my fifth one right now. By all means do all the tinkering you want, but you might want to shoot it first. Im 72 and have owned more than a few rifles over the years. My retirement job was in a gun shop, and the owner jokingly called me a member of the gun a month club. Evey Tikka I've owned shot well out of the box. One was the most accurate factory gun I've ever owned.

I agree with Bogtrotter. You might want to shoot it first. I have 4 now. I have set up several for my bil, nephew, and friends. 8 T3x's in the last 2 years. All have shot sub moa with factory ammo out of the box. I do not reload. It might take some trial and error before you find what it likes to shoot best. but when you find the one you will know. The only one that gave me a little trouble was my 308. It would shoot 1 moa but I couldn't get it much better than that. I changed the stock and recoil lug and it now shoots .75 moa. with factory ammo (Hornady 168gr ELDM's) None have been glass bedded.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
^My first 270 with Factory Fiocchi 130gr 100yds^

^6.5 Creed Factory Hornady 130gr ELDM 100yds^

^270 #2 in a laminated stock shooting Factory Fiocchi 130gr 100yds^

^270 # 3 set this one up for my nephew. It likes Fed Fusion's 130gr.^

I know these are only 3 shot groups. But thats enough to tell me what they like to shoot. when you find out what they like, they will shoot great right out of the box.

Very nice. That is why I always suggest Tikka, when someone asks.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA