Originally Posted by Ndbowhunter
to circle back and to have something to chew on during tonight's mission up the mountain.

this is less about "flexing on poors " or here and now instant gratification.

but rather: it's the year 2075, what rifle are you glad ur dad got for you type of conversation.

Well……. Dunno about THAT, but if it’s the year 2075 I think they’d be pretty appreciative that Dad got them something decent to shoot, in volume, and get good with, and spent the time with them.

I was pretty much on my own….. Dad bought me my first Red Ryder, age 5, circa 1970, I remember it to this day,…. wore that out, then I bought my 2nd, then a Crosman .177, wore THAT out, bought another, bought my first .22…. our allowance money went towards ammo, fishing tackle, and candy more or less in that order. Maybe swap the first two, depending.

There’s a lot to be said for NOT going too nice. Just a solid, basic, rifle…. give them a massive pile of .223, dare them to wear it out, rebarrel it if/when they do. Kids want a) your time and b) to not feel like they’re gonna get in trouble if they damage dads shiny things.

I say, fast twist 20” .223 on a M700. Not sure I’d invest in the carbon stock you mentioned earlier- why? Unless you have phat stax of course, then do as you will. smile Stick rec’d the stock on mine in the pic I posted and it’s a good one; it’s a GreyBoe Outlander I believe. Not a ton of money, nice stock.

The rifle they’ll treasure is one dad gave them and then they shot the shït out of it for years with dad!. Every ding and scratch will just be memories made…

Last edited by Jeff_O; 03/27/23.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!