I wish I had a few montuckys. I've been letting them drive my old 223 ai faux ti that I followed your lead on over 15 years ago.

The 21" pac nor 3 groove 8 twist mtn contour is still working its way through a pile of 75g amaxes. The kids get to fireform 100 lapua brass for me from time to time. I lose a few because that little rifle gets some field time.

I bought 3 aero m4e1 uppers and sequential numbered lowers for the kids already. Going s1 handguards but haven't settled on barrels. I like my 18" rifle length ones for myself but I'm going shorter and lighter for them.

My lightweight one they like has an old black hole weaponry 8 twist poly 3 groove 16" pencil. They fight over it so I'll find something similar for them. Looked at a faxon that was rifled about 14.5 with the last 1.5 being a built in break but I think I'd rather the option of changing muzzle devices or going thread protector.

I found a deal on some 16" .625 at block Hansen profile tubes that weigh 22 ounce. Might try one of those and if it shoots buy 2 more. Was thinking 12.5" handguard for the kids but wondering if 15 would be ok for them. I've got piles of 75 bthps and 73 eldms for them. They're learning to run the progressive so they can role their own.

Wish I still had enough 1st gen mtn contour ti stocks to cut a few down for them. I'd get some mtn brux 7 twists coming and pay to have them put on. The remage light sporter fits in the ti saum stocks I have. I have enough of those to cut a few down that's why I was thinking ti. They are still mostly adl but I've one that's opened for bdl and one opened for aics metal.

I had my remage 22 Creedmoor in a saum stock for a while and it was 1/2 or better with the first load for 88s even unbedded.

Wish kimber would bring back the 223 and twist it 7 this time.

The kids 6.5 g mini is in an LSS and it has always had a bipod on it. Didn't take us long to figure out it wasn't one for the bags sans bipod.

Bb

Last edited by Burleyboy; 03/28/23.