I saw a used 8400 LA in 338 win the other day. Thought it might be a good one to rebarrel to 7 prc and then an even worse idea came to mind.

It's hard to want to change anything away from 7 but looking at the 7 prc makes me wonder what it would do necked to 6.5? The 6.5/7prc just to make it all more confusing. Maybe 147s at 3200 fps from an 8400 LA? Dies might be easy 7 prc fl bushing die and 6.5 prc seater?

I'd like an element in 6mm Creedmoor but I don't know if they exist so I had the local shop order a 20" way point. They have waypoints in 6.5 on the shelf and i really like the way they point.

I love my fieldcraft in 6 Creedmoor with 108s. I've only killed one buck with it at 425 but it worked very well. I found the bullet under the skin on the off should and it's perfect looking mushroom but peeled back a ways and missing maybe 30 grains.

Im not sure how the 108s would do up close starting them at 3000 in the Creedmoor but they should be awesome on game at the speeds I'm running them in my ar arc.

Bb