Originally Posted by TonyRumore
The case was made too short. It should have been extended to 6.8 SPC length. 85gr Partitions at 3100fps, 90gr Accubonds at 3025fps from an 18" AR-15.

Left to right - 6PPC, 6mm Too Short ARC, 6mm Correct Length ARC, 6.5 Grendel, 6.8 SPC.

Tony

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I agree. On Predator Masters there were some guys playing with a necked down 6.8 to 6mm. I know this would NOT be a long distance paper puncher but I liked the idea of a 6mm with a bit more case and powder as a hunting cartridge for the AR's. Tony has it right, the 6mm needs a bit more case and an 85 grain hunting bullet. I have a couple of uppers looking for the right barrel. I just haven't seen it yet. The ARC sounded interesting but I have not bought a barrel in that case yet. I almost pulled the lever on a 6.8 barrel but that case has pretty much dropped out of sight. I even bought the reloading dies. I'm still looking, but the ARC isn't it.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.