Originally Posted by MrMuskie
Own a RR Varmint 223. Thinking about a 6mm ARC switchover.

Anyone played with one ?

Suppose I would ask what would be your intended use for the rifle? do I want to shoot factory ammo or reload. IMHO the comparisons that deserve consideration are the 223, 6mm ARC & 6.5mm Grendel. Your utility considerations & ammo expense expectations will determine the best upper for the utility considerations.

I came to the conclusion that for my utility the 6mm ARC checks more boxes, Bolt action was a cost effective step up for my use. Semiautomatic did not equate to a benefit for my criteria. So the re-barrel a CZ527 in 7.62x39 to 6mm ARC was my EZ choice & 2 years later I have no regrets.

BTW I was looking at a new upper for a RR 223 as well. The RR Varmint sits in the safe as the bolt action 6mm ARC does more for my utility considerations.
The 6mm ARC upper that I have liked the best on paper, is not commercially available to my knowledge. The Geissele 6mm ARC may come closest to a AR option that could bring me to going 6mm ARC AR. Never say never!

love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control

& Proverbs 21:19