Took my eye off the thread for a few weeks (a crazy red head moved in with me) and the good stuff comes out.
Last I was on, I was left with the question what kind of longevity the ARC would give especially for the folk that tip the powder jug a little hard. I've been there for the evolution of .440 based cartridges breaking AR lugs; first with x39's and 6PPC's, then with the Grendels. Even Alexander's beefed up bolts were still shedding lugs on occasion. I still need to figure out what to do with my 6.5 and my FatRat.

I have a couple of ARP Superbolts in my project bin because when Harrison first brought them out he was running one hard as a BR. That was going to be my succession plan to run my BR match rifle. I'd lost track of ARP for a bit and heard nothing of the Super Bolts for a while. I'd heard he stopped making them.

Questions: Is Harrison producing them again? How many rounds do you have on yours so far? How hot are you loading? I got the FatRat up to 2800 with 105's on Alexanders improved bolt...but I backed off then shelved it when friends lost lugs at the same speed.

How do you think the ARP Supers will stand up for a .473 based cartridge?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by ChrisF; 05/11/23.