For the last 33 years, my early Jap .308 will put the first three 150gr Sierra flatbase handloads in a nice tight group. After those three rounds though, that thin hot barrel spreads them to just about an inch or so. My .257 from the mid-1980's holds an inch with 100gr Hornadys (pre-Interlok) and Nosler solid bases. Never tried any others. My .223, also from the 80's, with its cheap scope, stays between .75 and one inch for five rounds with the old Hornady 55gr Frontier factory loads I bought about a century ago. Bought several cases on a super closeout when a local shop closed. May have to find my dies soon. The only "tuning" done was to clean up the triggers on the .223 and .257. Being two piece stocks, they bench more consistantly for me with the bags or rest under the action rather than the forearm. Overall, I basically quit carrying bolt guns after finding these. For my needs, they are accurate enough, they're handier, more lively for a field gun and reach as far as I can hit. What more is there to ask?

Last edited by blackhawk44; 12/11/07.