I bought a BLR '81 last fall based on the positive reports on this thread. I found one in great condition, from I think 1993, in 7mm-08. I put a Leupold 1.75-6x on it. I couldn't get it to shoot with much accuracy until I had a local guy who specializes in trigger work (he had never done a BLR before, but he did a great job) bring the trigger down to about 3 pounds. The first load I tried, 120 gr Barnes TSX bullets over H414 put 3 shots into around an inch pretty much every time. I started getting cratered primers a couple of grains below the Barnes recommended maximum so I've kept the loads pretty mild. Not surprisingly, I discovered that it likes new or full length sized brass. But here's why I really like this rifle: I tried some offhand shots and was able to consistently hit a 10" steel plate at 200 yards. I shot 2 deer with it this season, both quick shots in the woods at less than 60 yards, and the BLR handled amazingly. It's a bit chintzy and glossy, and the gold trigger is tacky, but this rifle is one great hunting tool.