Originally Posted by JohnT
Hi MD,

I have a BLR lightning with pistol grip stock in .270. Accuracy is quite good. With factory 130gr Powerpoints and a 3-9 Leupold in Warne Maxima QD's it would put 3 shots in well under 1 inch at 100 and 5 in 1.5 - 1.75 inches. Pretty damn fine for that skinny short (& loud) barrel.

Only started to develop handloads but couldn't really do much better than the factory load. (which shot better than the 130gr Supreme load BTW).

Never hunted with it cause it was so unreliable. For some reason it refused to go "Bang" each time you pulled the trigger. Wrote to Browning 2x and never even got a reply. Sent it to a very knowledgeble smith and he thought it needed a new cam which is why I wrote to Browning. Another smith reckons the problem is simpler and merely due to the 2 piece firing pin assembly. Still waiting for it to be fixed.

BTW when it does not fire, the hammer falls but there is not even an indentation on the primer.

If you know how to fix this let me know & also how to make the trigger pull better.

Regards,
JohnT

John T, I had a simialr problem with a 308 feather weight. Took it to the gun smith at the Wausau Gander Mountain who fixed it at no charge. He claimed that it was a known problem to Browning. Something to do with the tight firing pin chanel. What ever he did worked.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.