Originally Posted by Blacktailer
For general hunting 100-300 yard shots with confidence that you could make a clean kill in most shot opportunities.

So I am wondering, what percentage of the folks who are answering with 243 win/257 roberts or similar when presented with the following scenario:

Your mentoring a young hunter with an either sex tag who has that 243 win/257 roberts in their hands (you have your 270/280/handloaded 7x57 in your hands) and that 325 class 6x6 presents itself at 290 yards quartering away and is starting to act a little nervous..don't look at the young hunter and say - "here, use my rifle works just the same as yours aim thru his body as if you are trying put the bullet just in front of the offside far shoulder"

The reason I propose the above scenario is because that is the question I really think is being asked.

Last edited by Mike_Dettorre; 08/05/23.

Internet analysis: 1 in a row is a trend, 2 in a row is statistically significant, and 3 in a row is an irrefutable fact

Fools & fanatics are always so certain and wise people are always so questioning

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]