I can think of about twenty head of game Ive taken with the TSX and TTSX bullets. They ranged from 7mm (284) to 30 cal (30/06) to 340 Wby to the 375 H&H and from 140-gr to 168-gr to 210 to 270 in the 375. Muzzle velocities ranged from 3100 (284 Win) to 2850 (30/06) to 3100 (340), and about 2750 (375).

Game from smallest to largest was a nice whitetail buck to 6x6 bull elk and probably a heavier Burchell’s zebra. Included in the sample was a black bear, a heavy old mule deer buck, a kudu with most of the other plains game antelope, and a bunch of bull elk.

As I remember back, all were broadside shots except two. The exceptions were the big mule deer buck that got up from his bed and was taken right under the chin. The 140-gr TTSX coursed the length of his body and was found by his scrotum. So maybe 4’. The other was the black (blonde) bear that was a quartering away shot.

That mule deer bullet was one of three ever found out of the twenty. The second was under the off-side hide of a waterbuck, have first broken an unnoticed finger-sized branch about ten feet in front of him. It stay on course but flying sideways still penetrated the bucks chest. The third was from the offside hide of the big mare zebra, having broken her “shoulder blade” on entry.

Ranges ranged from ~ 100 yds to near 500 yds, lasered or walked off

These bullets were uniformly the most accurate bullet from my assorted rifles. The 284 hand loads would go under 3” inches at 400 yds for three shots and I shot several 100 yd less than half inch groups for three with the 375. The 30/06 was likewise accurate. The 340 lagged behind these a bit but but was easily good enough to 500 yds.

There are a lot of good bullets out there but when I found these Barnes’ bullets I was finished looking.

I was calm while I wrote this…