Originally Posted by colorado
I've killed over 2 dozen elk (not a lot) with my 270 Win shooting 150g Partitions at 3000 fps. Worked flawlessly from 15 yards to past 400 yards. My last elk was taken at 225 yards with a 570g TSX at 2300 fps from my 500 Jeffery. Needless to say it worked too.

Ive got to add my support to the remarks related to the .270 Win and 150gr Partitions. Ive killed fewer bulls but piles of deer & hogs. I’m still trying to get other combos to match the 270/150NPT’s effectiveness. I’ve got near zero experience with monos on Elk other than what I’ve witnessed in others. I just consider the partition as a double action bullet where most others are single action.

Interestingly the second most effective bullet I’ve ever used is the Sierra 85gr HPBT in my 6mm - sorta ridiculous how effective that little bullet is.

Can’t say I’m either a two hole guy or a fragment guy but after reading this thread I guess I’d side with the bullet fans who prefer at least some disintegration before leaving the target.

Great thread all - interesting to read about those opinions built on significant experience that I’ll likely never have.

Pints