Guess I qualify as a fudd. Early on my deer hunting was with an older Winchester M94 chambered to the 30-30. Later went to a badly bubba'd 1903 Springfield 30-06 which I probably used more than anything else for a very long time. I did pick up and play with other rifles and cartridges over the years and only very briefly owned an MSR. I doubt it lasted 6 months before sending it down the road. Played with various eight bullets in the 06 and many times used 180 gr. round nosed bullets. For a fairly long time did my hunts with Ruger #1 rifles using various chambering. Most of my rifle collection are made with wood and steel with only four rifles having synthetic stocks. Only one rifle is stainless steel. I'm currently using two rifles, one in 7x57 and the other in .35 Whelen. Back up to either rifle is usually a Mauser actioned 30-06 with 180 gr. bulleted loads although the last time I used a 165 gr. Accubond that served quite well on a nice cow elk. Time frame from 1975 to 2008 I used single shot rifles, usually Ruger #1s ot a Browning B78. of which I have only one. BTW, it's a 30-06.
PJ

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE