Sam
Originally Posted by brinky72
Just saying the Lebel was one of the oldest and most obsolete cartridges on the planet. If I can do a quick search and find it available I don’t see the 25-06 going anywhere. In fact today at the local Family Farm and Home I found four different varieties of 25-06 on the shelf.

Same sort of deal in the local stores here, even in a relatively small Montana town of less than 2000 people. The two stores that regularly stock ammo are both ranch/hardware type stores.

Also one of my friends who's long been one the most successful local elk hunters has been using it for years now. Like a lot of elk hunters who started in the 1960s and 70s, he jumped on the magnum trend and used 7mms and .300s, then grew weary of the recoil. One of his first "downsizing" rounds was the .257 Weatherby, but had been using the .25-06 for a while now, taking a 6-point in the Missouri Breaks when he drew a bull tag a couple years ago. (Oh, and he doesn't use "premium" bullets.)

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck