Was bird hunting in Northwest Kansas. 50 degrees and sunny, 10 mph wind. Awesome 2 days. Tent on top of a huge ridge, camp set up, chain gang for dogs, water, the works. 5pm on the second day wind flipped from the north at 40mph and blew the tent flat. Picked all the stuff up and moved to a creek bottom and literally put the tent in a dry creek bed. A fire was out, but I did have a Coleman cook stove to make coffee and a few birds I had killed on. Finally got dogs fed and laid down around midnight. Woke up the next morning to single digit temps. Sleeping bag done a good job, but it was cold enough to freeze water bottles solid.
Have had several pack outs in freezing temps while raining but they were just deer and I was never more than a few miles from my truck.
Had another time I was bird hunting along the colorado/kansas border and it was similar as the snow was gently falling and it was about 25 with no wind. Turned into an ice storm and It took me 10 hours to make a 3.5 hour drive back home that night. That sucked about as much as the freezing tent night.