Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by VernAK
At one time, Alaska had more folks killed by dogs that by bears.

An immigrant down the road a couple miles raised a pack of 16 Akitas that he let run wild.
While walking down the road, I was attacked by 4 of em but my 1911calmed the first two and the other two fled.
They later killed my neighbors old Golden Retriever so he and I got out our wolf snares and solved the problem.

Good for you, Vern. BTDT. Sometimes going the "legal" route just flat ass doesn't work. I've had to deal with a few dog problems myself when regular legal channels were trying to turn it into a "me" problem.

We haven't had a "wild dog" pack problem here.........................yet. May not ever given the number of folks around that kill dogs running game or livestock.

But, we do have a couple of places in our 'hood that don't understand their dogs need to be under their immediate control when not contained on their property. Some folks around just think that because they live in the country they can let their dogs out while they are out feeding horses or such, when the dogs are on the other side of the house/barn from them running out into the street threatening my wife and dogs(always leashed) while they're out walking. And a couple others we really worry about, 100lb+ Anatolians or Pyrenese, that are kept fenced in small enclosures by folks that shouldn't be having any critters. They can't keep their pigs, sheep, or their smaller dog in their "fenced" yard even.

If those dogs ever get out and threaten any of us, they will cease to exist in a living state on this planet. And I think that's why those folks have kept them penned up. The other neighbors have informed them of similar feelings.

Oh, I failed to mention...................our Sheriff agrees with me and the neighbors.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?