Crow hunter/I've read Mr.Howells post, but because there are so many variables to this practise of reloading, different proceedures of testing, and components will obviuosly yield different results. This method has been used by companies such as Speer since the fifties, and is still used todate. With all the legal filings happening, you would think that if Speer was lacking in confidence in this method, they would retract their information . As per conversation with the Speer rep., he added that they have run into problems with the use of pressure testing equipment as well, and that no method is entirely safe. I'm not trying to force my Holy Cow as you put it , on anyone, I am only offering the fact that I have used it sucsessfully. That is by going slow, and trying to think things through in advance ,before doing things half baked and blowing something up. I also try to use as many manuals and a ballistics program to get an understanding of the cartridge before any test rounds are fired. If someone follows these proceedures, and has some indicator of expansion (pressure),than it should be safer than winging it. As to the part of Mr. Howells post ,where he stated that a load tested at 80,000#'s psi with no measurable expansion, I<BR>have to think this was an extremely hard lot of brass. Again ,it's only my opinion, but it's hard to imagine pressures stong enough to stretch bolt lugs, yet the brass is unyielding? What am I missing here? No hard <BR>feelings Crow hunter or anyone else I hope. Just a few people exchanging idea's and opinions, I hope. Good Luck and safe shooting in whatever methods you deem safe.