Gene/ Nice touch Gene. You asked for the proceedures, that could have been taken from the pages of the Speer Load manual. I relayed<BR>the proceedures that have worked for me, and others, including other posters here. You shouldn't get "blown up", taking readings off of factory ammo ,just to see that there is in fact,measurable expansion .Eq. When testing a box of factory .270, 150 grn.ammo, three rounds out of the box, clocked 3050 fps.,with case expansion of .0013". The others were at the usual 2850fps.and .00025" exp. Had I not measured these cases, I wouldn't have known how hot they were. So by saying not to use this method ,is the same as saying ,what you don't know won't hurt you. The info is there to ignore,or utilize<BR>at your option, but it is not my info, it is the info of a company who produces loading manuals for the public, so it is obiously tested in conjunction with pressure test equipment. It is my suggestion ,before anyone try these methods, you give a rep. at<BR>the Speer support dept.@ 1-800-627-3640 PST.<P>I'm not to sure about the comment in line #5<P>I assume that people worldwide, have read Old Canon's info to get yourself "blown up"<BR>Why hasn't someone come forward with a case<BR>or incident, that can be verified? I'm talking about an incident, using the proceedure's as outlined, starting at safe<BR>starting loads, utilizing new brass not fired more than one time(in a safe load) and working up in reasonable increments of the correct powder. Including backing off the recommended amount after the max. expansion has been reached. Are there any such incidents, or have the ones who utilized this DANGEROUS practice left no survivors to comment?<BR>Find one incident ,following the proceedures to a tee, and I will request to Rick Binn, the administrator to remove all of my posts,<BR>to prevent any one from getting themselves hurt.<BR> <BR>It's been a slice, and you readers do not have to worry about my comments appearing in the loading room again. Have a safe life. <p>[This message has been edited by Canon (edited April 18, 2001).]