Originally Posted by CAelknuts
Rifle hunter, a 180 grain Accubond at 2,700 fps is a perfect bullet & load for any leopard. You’ll have no problems at all as long as you put the bullet where it should go. I’ve shot 3 leopards and one was shot with a 180 grain Partition going just a bit faster (300 win mag) than you mention. The big Tom was stone dead as he fell off the limb.

You’ve got a great load, don’t over-think it. Just practice shooting sitting down off a rest at 50 yards and hitting a small target consistently. Shooting a leopard is actually easy, but you have to be patient and wait for a broadside shot. The last Leopard I shot, I had to wait over 4 minutes for him to present a good broadside angle to shoot. He was feeding on the limb, but facing me, in broad daylight and while I could have killed him it was wise to wait for the right angle before shooting. By waiting for the right angle, we had a dead Tom laying in the open near the tree.

Never hunted leopard, but i've been loading 150g partitions in my 270 win to 3000 fps for 40 years. Great killer of deer, elk, and black bears. Never lost an animal.

Regards,

Chuck

"There's a saying in prize fighting, everyone's got a plan until they get hit"

Ghost And The Darkness