Calling on the pre 64 Model 70 hunters, owners and collectors please, i need help getting something out of my head:

Rifle #1, standard rifle in 300 H&H, all factory.
Rifle #2, standard rifle in 270 Winchester, very slim custom English walnut stock.

300 H&H wears an old gloss Leupold 3.5-10x40 AO in a set of S&K rings/bases.
270 Winchester wears an old gloss Burris straight tube 1.75-5 in Conetrols.

I have Lyman receiver peep sights for both and have switched each back and forth between the peeps and scopes several times, it's crazy.

Have around 250 rounds loaded for the 300 with 220gr NPT's, also have 200gr NPT's and A-Frames for it.

The 270 has about 30 rounds left with 150 NPT's with 150gr Grand Slams and 400 Norma Oryx 150gr bullets on the truck for today's delivery.

Both rifles with glass or irons are more accurate than i can shoot them, especially in the field off sticks/tree/pack.

If you guys were to have "one" stalking rifle for clearcut jump hunting whitetails and possible African plains game to 200 yards which setup would you choose?

Or leave them be and hunt both with scopes? help me get this idea out of my head completely or set one for stalking, i don't know why this has bugged me for so long, it may have a lot to do with barrel sight hunting Sharps rifles with paper patch and black powder.

Thanks all in advance. smile

Trump Won!