Man, those sound like very nice rifles to me, and set up nicely. My only thought is about the AO on the 3-9x40. On a quick handling rifle, I try to stay away from AO's. You know me though, I'll run a Burris FFII 3-9x40 on all of my rifles. I've used them a lot though, and turning the power ring to adjust magnification is second nature. Where's batue on this?? We need another shotgunner to respond. Back in the day, I hunted a lot of running targets, I also shot trap competitively. Shoot with both eyes open, for quicker target acquisition. I'm sure you do that already, especially when you are hunting animals that hunt back!!! With this being said, you are the best judge in picking out what is the handiest rifle scope package. I keep things simple, mostly because it works very well for me. That by no means implies that it will work for you, or anyone else, buddy. I'm with you though, I like a set up where I know I can make the shot. When out in the field, I think often that all I need to do is see one. That is 99.9% of the battle. Making the shot and the equipment you use, isn't even really a concern for me. Yeah, I know. I only shoot off a bench and punch paper. What do I know? ha ha...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA