Originally Posted by gunner500
LOL! damn BSA bud, man i mentioned it earlier, if i get my ass busted by a sure enough big buck by not being able to make a clean shot due to naked eye iron sight shooting i'll surely be done with tradition with bolt action rifles and iron sights, that would put a permanent cap on this chit Bud! smile

Thanks Test, i agree, the small bores would be my first for African plains game, lets see, the smallest bore lightest bullet weights to the largest i've used in Africa:

270gr BBC, 375 H&H
400gr Woodleigh, 400 Whelen
400gr A-frame, 400 H&H
404gr Hammer, 458 WM
480gr DGX/DGS, 500-450 Nitro
500gr TBSS, 458 WM
528gr paper patch, 45-70 Sharps
750gr paper patch, 50-90 Sharps
750gr TSX/Banded solid, 577 Nitro

Dang Sir, writing all that i have went and spooked myself, i may need to lower my minimum for African plains game to 338 cal and 250gr AFrame, then see how it goes. grin

I have a real nice 338wm, but it's NOT for sale. Bwahahahaha.. Hope you had a great Easter, buddy!!! Hey, I actually contemplated giving up shooting irons, but then I started shooting right handed. The 22lr's, Colt sporter target, and 6.5 Swedish mauser are sweethearts, as well as the SKS, but the model 71 I sold you was too much, shooting from the weak side. Now I know why they call it "weak side"!!!! I only keep my big bore 94 375 Winchester around, because it was my grandpa's rifle. One of his favorites, so it will stay with me till I'm gone... My buddy asked me how that rifle shot, the other day, and I told him I honestly don't know!!!

Also, you have a very nice collection of big boomers there!!! I was looking around for the pics of the 375 H&H case and bullet you used in Africa, but could not find it. I know if there is one guy I'd ask about what to use there, it would be you. Good thing I have you on speed dial. ha ha..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA