While you have received a considerable amount of good advice one thing that I'd caution you on is to be careful that you don't go to too tough a bullet. I've been shooting whitetails for years with .300 Savage Winchester 150 grain Silvertips. The originals, not the ballistic ones that they sell these days. In any event, since I'd had such good experience with the Silvertips in .300 Savage I figured that when I took my .358 Win out to play that the 200 grain Silvertips in that caliber would be just the ticket. What I found out was that for whitetails the .358 Winchester 200 grain Silvertip is just a bit to stout. Instead of expanding I found that they were leaving perfect little .358 holes going in and going out. Don't get me wrong. I'm not adverse to premium bullets. Just take the time to make sure that you're not going too far in the opposite direction trying to compensate for what may appear to be a bullet failure.

Go tell the Spartans,Travelers passing by,That here,Obedient to their laws we lie.

I'm older now but I'm still runnin' against the wind