Opening day in NE Pennsylvania was real wet, a lot of stop and start rain with the temperature in the high 30's with fog rolling through the area. It was the kind of day that is really hard to sit. We hiked about a mile in state game lands so we did not have treestands. It's the kind of terrain that is all boulders, rocks and mountain laurel mixed in with mature hardwoods. At about 11:00 am I started to still hunt downhill towards where one of my buddies was supposed to be. Which was really more of a single man drive. (My still hunting technique consists of me bumbling around and things running away from me) Anyways, this dear came running from right to left and I saw that it was legal, as I was raising my 99 it put on the breaks and looked at me for a second then spun around was about to haul arse down hill when I shot. It was quartering away, downhill and entered high on the left side just behind the last rib along the backstrap. A lot of meat was tore up. I guess the point I'm trying to make is that I don't want to use a bullet that is going to make me have to think twice about angle, optimum shot placement, etc... (as long as the shot is ethical) They all work great at deer standing still sideways. When it gets a little warmer I might just do some experimenting with wet newspaper and see what types of terminal performance different bullets deliver. It should be interesting.

"Somehow, the sound of a shotgun tends to cheer one up" -- Robert Ruark