Originally Posted by 2muchgun
Dave---Get rid of the factory hot glue "bedding" crap, bed it right, tune trigger, good to go....

not touching, not binding. Best "hot glue job" I've ever seen from Win.

I'd bet a months pay the rebed isn't going to help that one at all. I've had rifles that shot very well without bedding but simply "walked" in the stock which I couldn't stand so I bed them to gain consistant secure fit of the barreled action, gained consistancy/security but not necesarily accuracy.

Trigger is very good, already did that. I know it's good & I know I'm holding true through my shots because I had a Rem UMC fact load dud & I held true & perfect through the snap. Tried refiring it several times & held through beautifully for each trigger snap.

I can rebed, I can pillar bed, I can paint it baby blue swirly, hell can glue macaroni noodles all over it & paint it gold with "I love you mom" on the side, but it gonna shoot with that barrel on there. I don't know exactly what's wrong with it but the bedding is as good as I've seen from any fact rifle & the only difference from it & my own bedding job would be compound density/hardness. They actually did a nice job fitting it even though the bedding isn't what any of us would choose for a compound.

I'll put it this way, I'm pi$$ed at the rifle, wouldn't feel right about selling it and I need a break from it after spending several hundred on different loads & shooting it under diff conditions, swapping mounts, rings, scopes, triger job etc..

The only reason it isn't a tomato cage steak is because the ground is still frozen up here. I need a break from it.

Something clever here.