Bill,

Nice test. I'm glad you are enjoying your CZ Hornet.I followedyour posts over on RFC huntin' groundhogs with that puny little 17HMR CZ American of yours wink (I'm a 17HMR lover ,too).

The only thing I have a question about is that you seem to be avoiding THE bullets that get the MOST out of any Hornet in terms of downrange performance-

40g Nosler Ballistic Tip
40g Hornady V-Max
40g Sierra Blitz King

Any of those slugs that your Hornet shoots best when coupled with LILGun powder will give you GREAT case life(lower pressures due to the LILGUN) great accuracy AND the best down range trajectory of any Hornet load you can make(due to the high B.C.s of the above bullets).

I have used 40g Hornady V maxes with 13g of LILGun in several Honrets and the load wants to shoot near .5 MOA in most. Think of it as the 17HMR 17g Vmax load times TWO..

The only thing is, with the CZ 527 ,you need to move the plastic magazine block back a bit to seat the bullets out far enough to fit the throat. I have done several such clip mods for myself and freinds and it work likes a charm.

Once you do that ,it opens up a hold new world of "hurt" for anything small inside 250 yards. grin

Last edited by jim62; 05/11/08.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt