Originally Posted by lizardtrack
....I tried 12.5 gr. of lilgun with Hornady 45 gr.HP and got signs of pressure,- stretched cases, poor groups etc. backed down to 9.5 gr and put 3 almost through the same hole at 50 yds....
Hi lizardtrack.

I thought more Li'Gun would give more consistent burn. So, with your results, I'm going to try less Li'Gun! Thanks for the tip.

As for stretched cases, I am no expert but my rifle has a really rough chamber (I suspect someone put a reamer into it to clean out rust damage - it's an Anschutz). To overcome my problem, I lube my loaded rounds. I use smoke-stopper engine oil additive. The problem with this is that it wipes off quite easily. I have also taken to not trimming (other than to square the case necks. So now, I am actually head-spacing on the case mouth! My loads are 55gr over 13.7gr Li'Gun and 60gr over 13.1gr Lil'Gun. This is only achievable by not neck sizing and using a paper patch bullet seating method. (This includes stabilizing the bullet hold with molten bullet lube/candle-wax mix). I am not recommending this - just mentioning it.

Last edited by 303Guy; 05/14/08.

303Guy