Hi Jim smile

I just sent you a pm. I see we sure do have a lot in common. I was editing my reply likely when you posted. I wanted to make sure it sounded right.......in a friendly way.

I agree with everything on your second reply. If I had a fine Browning Low Wall (I may some day :)). I may very well use a 40 grain plastic tip also. They certainly did not lack any kill power down range as compared to the 45 SP's. Its just they did not frag well like they are suppose to. Also I no longer have a single shot and prefer to load my repeaters as repeaters. My Winchester Model 70 can handle / cycle the Hornady 45 grain at 1.75" COL but I also use .223 diameter bullets in that old girl. The CZ maxes out at less COL for cycleing.

With my break action single shot I played around with the V Max and various C.O.L.'s

Please do try the Blitzkings in 40 grain plastic tip and keep me updated for fragmentation as compared. I was told from a couple people I trust greatly that they frag at lower velocity as compared to the Hornady.

I gave up on the 40 grain plastic tips.......at least til I find a nice low wall smile Besides, I have a thing for ol soft points and they certainly work very well for what I do.

Regards,
Bill_I

Last edited by Bill_I; 05/11/08.

"I ain't as good as I once was but, I'm as good once as I ever was"