You can get a classic Lee Loader in 22 Hornet for about the cost of a pizza and wings.

If ever there was the ideal caliber for a lee loader it is the 22 Hornet. They go together like peanut butter & jelly. Its all I use for the 22 Hornet. With preped or new brass I can pound out about 60 very accurate neck sized loads an hour.

You likely have a platic mallet in the garage.

A cleaned out tuna fish can makes an ideal dip can.

Ya buy Lee dippers one size up (.1 cc comes to mind)and with a flat bastard (yea that is what the course file is really called) file quickly shave them down to appropriate charge size by confirming on your scale. Then mark the dipper perminately. BTW- This "fileing down,weighing,making,marking" is what Lee themselves recommend. I have a bunch of them for various charges of Lil Gun and W-296.

Give it a try, you will likely enjoy it, and I can promice you that with the 22 Hornet caliber you will be very pleased with the accuracy of the Lee Loader.........once you get your dipping skils honed. wink

Anyone else lurking/looking in not reloading for the Hornet yet and interested. I would be glad to help you along the way with this simple cost effective yet very accurate method.

Last edited by Bill_I; 05/14/08.

"I ain't as good as I once was but, I'm as good once as I ever was"