..... Anyone else lurking/looking in not reloading for the Hornet yet and interested. I would be glad to help you along the way with this simple cost effective yet very accurate method.
Not all folks would enjoy the 'fiddly' nature of hornet reloading. But to not own and shoot a hornet is .... well .... not having lived! For me, the Hornet has been the most fun to load for and shoot and is not to be underestimated! With modern powders it has a performance way out of proportion to its diminutive size - which makes it more fun to shoot. smile We did a comparison at 200m (218yds), my friend and I, my hornet with 60gr bullets against his 223 with 55gr bullets. The indent made in a 1/4 inch steel plate was not that much deeper with the 223. At 120m the 223 did make a somewhat cleaner hole in the same plate. The thing is, we expect that from a 223. The hornet is a surprise! (Remembering that modern hornets are built on the same actions used in 223's. Even my 1940-something 1431/32 Anschutz used a shortened 222 action).

Most definately my favourite rifle!

303Guy