The 260 AccuBond is a VERY stout bullet, capable of pretty much end-to-ending elk or similar game. As with Partitions, they make the bigger AccuBonds tougher; I know of at lest two Cape buffalo that have been taken neatly with it, one with a frontal shot. It really flattens out the old round too.

I generally use around 70 grains of Reloder 15 with 260-270 grain bullets exactly how much depending on the rifle. This will get 2700-2800, again depending on the exact charge and the rifle.

Also about 75 grains of H4350 is good for the 300-grain. Muzzle velocity will be 2500-2600, again depending.

Another good load is the 220 Hornady flat-nose with 35-37 grains of IMR4227. This gets around 1900-2000 fps and can usually be adjusted to shoot to the same place as a heavy-bullet full-house load. This is not only pleasant to practice with but does fine on woods deer--and even prairie dogs. Essentially it's a modern .38-55 load.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck