Originally Posted by RSY
Originally Posted by ADK4Rick
I don't know about thier rifles, but if I had to choose between a Mossberg shot gun and a sharpened stick for hunting,based on my experiance with Mossberg shotguns I would get my pocket knife and an oak branch.

I am not a Mossberg owner, nor do I plan to be, but...the M590s we used when I was in the Marine Corps were hell-for-stout and very Marine-proof. I guarantee you the trials they put those weapons through before they put them out to us far exceed anything any of us will ever put a gun through.

Granted, I have no experience with their rifles or semi-auto shotguns, but negative diatribes against their pump guns are simply false. There are always bad individual units of any design, but as a class they are solid pieces.

Scott

I was in the Navy and we used Mossberg shotguns for watches and they were shot quite a bit during quals and practice. They seemed to be fine. I wonder if they sell a better gun to the military? I bought a new 835 few years back and it was junk wouldn't shoot half the time. Mossberg should have replaced it, but instead chose to do nothing! I traded it on an 870 and tried to salvage the rest of my duck and goose season after wasting most of it on that junk Mossberg! I'll take the sharp stick!!