Originally Posted by BobinNH
I agree with StrayDog; for a concerted effort at a big mule deer at todays costs,I would not hunt with an outfit that agreed to take a party of 6.I would even be skeptical of a camp that tried to accomodate that many...maybe I'm spoiled, but I've spent too much money on those kind of hunts.My biggest bucks have all come when I was in a small camp, or hunting good country on my own.

I'd argue that. Better yet disagree with you.
A few years back, I guided for Duwane Adams up in the Kaibab. There was 12 guides, 2 cooks and 10 hunters. Plenty of room for everyone, plenty of area on the west Kaibab for all to hunt and we all had a great time. And thats not including the other camp on the east side of the Kaibab that didn't camp with us. I think there was 4 hunters in that group.
Some of the bigger outfitters in Sonora accommodate about 5 or 6 hunters per group. And they are hunting 50,000 acres plus.
So I disagree with you guys. Tho I can see an issue of there was 6 hunters hunting say 5,00 acres or something small like that, but as big as some of the areas are. 6 is not too many if the accommations, guides, cooks, transportation and area allows for it.

Kique

Enrique O. Ramirez
CLAN OF THE BORDER RATS - Member

"..faith is being sure of what you hope for and certain of what you do not see.." Hebrews 11:1