The Hornady website only shows 200 gr SST and 225 gr SST ammunition. I think they would be way ahead to start manufacturing Spire Point (SP) ammunition at a lower cost, but they have not put it on their website yet, if they are in fact doing that.

I have yet to see a box of factory ammunition, though I have been shooting my .338 RCM quite successfully since January, and have killed three pigs with it so far. The biggest, a boar, I killed with a 200 gr Hornady SP, and it penetrated through the shoulders quite nicely. The other two I shot with 185 and 210 gr TSX's.

Since I don't shoot factory loads for anything I own, the lack of it in this case wasn't all that significant grin. And I really really don't like plastic points on bullets, so that made a difference to me too.

I think you will enjoy your new rifle quite a lot, and you got it for a very good price. I hunted with a Leupold FX II 4X with a German #1 reticle, which now lives on my .375 Ruger African. My .338 RCM is currently living with an FX II 6x36 with a post and crosshair reticle, which I think I'm going to like a lot.

Good luck...

Dennis

"The more you run over a dead cat, the flatter it gets."

"If you're asking me something technical, you may be looking for My Other Brother Darrell."

"It ain't foot-pounds that kills stuff -- it's broken body parts."