I took the RCM out of the box yesterday and gave it a look over. First impressions are that the fit and finish is every bit the equal of my 375Ruger with the exception that the RCM wood stock does not have quite as much figure in the grain. But the stock is indeed straight grain and appears to be a good piece of wood. As is out of the box, the rifle weighed 6 lbs 14 oz, and the trigger was crisp pulling just under 5 pounds with no creep and a perfect amount of overtravel. Adding a LEU 1.5 - 5X scope with covers and the supplied medium rings brought the weight up exactly 1 pound to 7 lbs 14 oz. I tested the scope with both low ringmounts and the medium ringmounts and much prefer mediums (#4 and #5). The lows clear the scope, but lesson learned from hunting with my 375Ruger, the lows causes the scope to crowd the loading/ejection port and restricts the ability to use the scope as a handle. The mediums gives better clearance while allowing a perfect cheek weld when looking straight down the scope. Rifle balance is excellent with and without scope, it handles well, and points naturally.

The mag box holds 4 down, as is, and will feed with all 4 in the box, but there is not quite enough room to clear a 5th round in the tube. I suspect some modifications might add enough wiggle room in the box to allow 4 + 1 capacity. I didn't measure the box, but first glance gave me the impression there is enough room to use big bullets with the cartridge.

I'll probably epoxy a stock cross pin through the thin web area between the mag box and trigger inlets, and bed the stock. I may even pick up a factory all weather stock and play around with that as well.

The ammo I ordered ended up being the 200grain SSTs. The wholesaler had incorrectly listed these as 225gr SPs. Hope she turns out to be a shooter as the rifle and cartridge appears ideal for my needs. Thumbs up so far!

Best

�I've never met a genius. A genius to me is someone who does well at something he hates. Anybody can do well at something he loves -- it's just a question of finding the subject.�

- Clint Eastwood