Originally Posted by Furprick
Originally Posted by bigsqueeze
Well! At least I had a good excuse for not realizing that they existed,,,,somewhere!

Regardless of who`s idea it originally was in chambering 375`s in shorter and handier rifles, the concept behind them is wonderful.

By introducing the Kodiak, perhaps the powers that be, who are at Sako today, saw what Ruger was and is successfully doing in the US market and decided to get in on the act themselves??......Highly likely!!!

I do believe that Sako in introducing their own .370 Sako cartridge, (in possibly thinking it could compete with the .375 Ruger; NO WAY),,,will flop big time! Rifle sales is the name of the game and the bottom line. IMO, the .370 Sako will never take off here in this country. It just might in Europe though!

If Sako wants more Kodiak rifle sales here in the US, they should just stay with chambering the popular cartridges including the .375 H&H, the 338 WM as they are apparently doing and also include the .375 Ruger.

370 Sako??? Forget about it Sako. It won`t fly!

I have a 370 Sako, with 22" bbl it weighs 7.25 pounds with a 6x42 leupold, holds 5 rounds in the magaxine and launches a 250gr bullet at 2750 fps. For this i sold my 375HH, 270gr bullet at 2700fps, 10.5lb rig with 24" bbl. In performance no animal will ever know the differance, but I do , I like short light powerful rifles/cartridges for real world hunting of big animals.To me its not so much about the cartridge ....its about the package for an intended purpose.
........In agreement with ya there! It is about the rifles and maybe more so! What your 370 Sako does for you in the 22" tubed Kodiak, the 375 Ruger does for me with the 20" tubed Alaskan, such as launching a 225 gr Hornady at 3016 fps and 2808 fps with a 270 gr Hornady, with reloads of course. Shorter barrels, but great performers.

I just dont think and believe that in leiu of the popularity of the 375 H&H and the 375 Ruger, that the 370 Sako cartridge itself will survive or go over well here in the states. However, I may be proven wrong over time. The Sako Kodiak rifle will surely survive, but sales of these rifles will substantially increase by other and more popular chamberings. This is why Sako offers the 375 H&H and now the 338 Win Mag in the Kodiak.

The bottom line will be Sako Kodiak rifle sales #s. The way that will be done or increased is by chambering the already popular cartridges.

If the 370 Sako round grows in popularity during the process, then so be it and more power to it!

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger