Very nice posts dawaba, you have answered a couple questions I have about my 7mm-08. I have had a devil of a time getting mine to like the same bullets I do. :p

So far I have two very accurate loads: 140 Accubond over 41.5 grains of R15 for a chrony'd 2790 (I bumped it to 41.7 for 2810, I've no idea why I did so) and 130 BT Speer over 48 grains of H-4350 at just a tick faster (this was to be a light practice load but it will group the same all the way up to 50 grains). Both loads are very accurate once I polished them but I'm not crazy about either bullet.

I may give the boat tail a go this hunting season after seeing your results. I was afraid it would be a little light tbh. Unfortunately my rifle isn't crazy about 130 or 145 hot-cors and despises 139 interlocks. These were my first choices. As a last gasp I ordered a box of 145 BTs thinking it may be the ability to crowd the lands just a tad that this rifle needs and the Speer BTs give you that moreso than the regular soft points. I'd be a little more comfortable with 145s than 130s.

Thanks for the info.

Will

Smellin' a lot of 'if' coming off this plan.