I've had three Remington Sevens in 7mm-08. I've always focused on 140 grain bullets.

The first one was never a great shooter. It was an old blued gun with the 18.5 inch barrel. It did it's best work with Nosler 140 grain solid bases and IMR 4350. Managed to get a deer with it one year ... 40 yards. Had there been readily available aftermarket synthetic stocks for it I might still have it, never know.

The second one has the tupperware stock and 20" stainless barrel. It shot 140 grain partitions really well (under 3/4 MOA to 200 yards) book max loads of RL19 w/ Fed 210Ms or Win 760 with Fed 215s. Most often I used RL19 with the 140s and saved the Win 760 for launching 120 grain ballistic tips which it also liked.

I ruined the throat on that gun one afternoon. I took a couple hundred rounds of the 120s out and started practicing offhand. I torched it, got it WAY too hot, and after it cooled off and was cleaned up, nothing ever shot well again. SMACK! DAMN!! I'd had it 3 years and killed 4 blacktails with it. Really liked that little gun. I should have rebarreled it but a friend bought it and made it into a 6x.250 for his kid to shoot squirrels with. It's always sort of for sale but I don't want to spend what they think they have to get back out of it. I hope someday they'll shoot it out and it'll be for sale again and maybe come back home to me. smile smile

The last one was a dog. It was a Seven XCR with the camo stock, magnum contour fluted barrel, and coated metal. It never would reliably go under 2.5 MOA regardless of what I shot in it.

Tom

Last edited by T_O_M; 06/12/09.

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...