I can't see what all the hoo-haa is about...there is about 10 gr of H2O difference between the cases...that's about 2.5% difference in velocity or 70-100 fs if both cases are loaded to the same pressure using the same bullet weight. Not enought to waste all this time or space over whizzing in the wind.

I can't see hardly any difference in the case other than the x62 is longer.

I build a 9.3x62 a few years ago, I wanted a 9.3 cal to fill out my caliber range...I also looked at the 9.3x57, but opted for the x62 because I could buy ammo and cases for it...I also have rifles in 338 through 50 cal.

Both cases were designed for use in different rifles at different times and for different reasons, none of which had anything to do with the others.

Enjoy which ever one you happen to have and forget all the comparison BS...all it does is make you "think" you might have something "better" and keep the weenywaving going on.

You want to rave about your shooter...go out and shoot something, then tell everyone how well it did and forget about comparing it to some other cartridge.

There are just so many other factors involved in taking game that cartridge selection takes up about 10% of the whole.