Originally Posted by efw
Ok so I picked up a Husky LR'98 in 9.3x57 and can't find a lot of load data. Steelhead pointed me toward the Norma site, but does anyone have anything else?

I'm looking to use the 270 gr Speer for deer... nice rhyme there... they were meant to be together smile .

You can find more free data here, from Vihtavuori/Lapua for their powders, of course (and very fine powders they are too).

Be aware that that 270gr Speer has a bad reputation for core separation and fragmentation with little penetration here in Sweden where 9.3's are common.

However, this bad reputation is the result of using said bullet on moose, not deer. I expect that the bullet is too soft for moose, but will kill a deer quite quickly. I think you will be happy with it!

I do not know if you can get them or how expensive they would be where you live, but a fine 9.3 bullet is the Norma Oryx (a bonded bullet). They exit on a moose about half the time, and the 12 or 14 bullets that I have recovered from butchering moose all looked like something you would expect in an advert. Impressive accuracy too!

[Linked Image]

John