Ditto for Mule Deer. This thread is getting way of in the boonies.

Goto Steves Pages for some load info... http://stevespages.com/page8a.htm

Surf the web...I came across quite a bit of data on ALL the 9.3x?? when I was deciding which cartridge to use with my VZ-24 conversion. The old LA Tang model Rugers are almost identical to the VZ-24 in many respects.

The case capacity of the 9.3 or ANY of the x57 cases is roughly 62 to 65 gr H2O...the x63 is 72-76 gr H2O....about 16-17%...ANY reloading data for ANY caliber, for cases of 62-65 gr H2O CASE CAPACITY can be used, AT THE LOWER END, to develop reloading data for the x57, it doesn't matter the actual case LENGTH. It is the INTERNAL volume of the case that determines the reloading capacity within a reasonable range.

You could start with reloading data for a 308 size case as it has similar case capacity...the 358 Win or 338 Fed...and there is a 9.3 x 358(308) and a 375x308/358 if you dig deep enough...or use 8x57 or 9x57 data for heavy bullets and start on the low end of the scale and work up...

OR...because the x57 case is about 17% less case capacity than the X62 You can use ANY x62 data for individual bullet by weight, straight across the board, by REDUCING the charge weight by 20-22% and be at a beginning load for the 9.3x57.

Never could figue out why we complicate things other than the penchant for men to always go one-up on each other.

I don't have a 9.3x57 to compare actual velocities to the 9.3x63 so I can't speak to the actual velocity differences between these two specific cases, but I have compared a 7x57mm and a 7x57 AI, a 250 Sav and 250 Sav AI, and the same for a friends 257 R and 257 R AI, using the same rifles only rechambered and the chronoed differences held up in those three cases, roughly 2-3% of the actual case volume increase...

Loaded to the same pressures with the same bullets, powder, barrel length, etc, calculated or othewise, I've never seen a whole lot of increase in the velocity, the most being with the 250 Sav and 257 AI at 150 - 225 fs and that was because of an increase in pressure over factory loaded ammo...nothing in the 400 fs range, without some other change in parameters like pressure or barrel length, bullet weight etc...but each rifle does it's own thing.

All things being equal I would expect to see 70-150 fs increase in velocity between the two cases, which as far as the animal goes, ain't no thang.

Of course if you change anything, all bets are off. I have a 22" 7mmRM take-off barrel for a Savage I somehow acquired and a 26" 280 RM I built for my sis-in-law...I quarantee I get equal to or more velocity out of the 26" tube than the 22" tube and use about 10-12% less powder to do it...this is with all weights of bullets. The difference between the 280 RM and the 7mmRM is just about the same as the difference between the x57 and x62...16-17%...and that is also keeping the 280 RM at the lower SAAMI spec for that cartridge.

Maybe this info will help somewhat...but I'm guessing it will only serve to keep the pot stirred up.