Originally Posted by boomtube
My goodness, seems I have touched a few touchy nerves! Guess what guys...I expected it! No one can safely post that most magnums are vast over-kill for most users and uses. And it isn't a "put down", it's simply a stagement of fact.

Like any such broad comment, I can't cover all situations in a few words and I certainly didn't post my thoughts as iron clad and fully apply in everyone's situation. Nor did I mean it that way and I suspect each of you are bright enough to recognise it! Okay, so, you love your mags and get your hackles up when anyone comes along and suggests it may be more weapon than is commonly needed, which is all I did say.

If you are fully convienced you are right and I'm wrong, don't be so thin skinned and defensive. Perhaps you could even counter my comments with arguments of your own without resorting to personal attacks and snide suggestions of my inexpericence, just "pile on" disparaging attempts to intimidate discent like a bunch of kids or Democrats on TV?

Nosler's use of a .300WSM is supposed to convience the world that the .300WSM is king of accuracy by some kind of magic? If any such .30 cal magic exists it would be found in the .308! Fact is, the magic of accuracy is in the barrel and action, not the chamber.

The projected 180 gr. velocity differences I cited came from a quick look at Barne's #4; perhaps others should look! ?

Bottom line, my first comments stand as I stated them. But, that is not intended to dissuade anyone with a terminal case of magnumitis from scratching his itch! wink

Good post