First off, there aint nothing wrong with loaded your 25 with good bullets and just using it. Make no doubt about it if you do your job it'll do yours. And if you screw the pooch with it you'll need track shoes. And, the same goes for the 06 and the 300 shorty or any other round for that matter. Killing is down with placement and wrecking tissue important for sustained life.

But if you're really jonesing for a new rig that's all good as well.

I guess I look at the 06 vs the 300 shorty like this. And this is only my way and no way does it need be anyone elses.

I can have 4/5 down in the 06 and 2/3 down in the WSM depending on how its set up.

With the 300 I can run a 180 @ 2950 and with the 06 I can run a 168 @ 2950. So I guess that might make people wonder is the idea of bumping up another 15 or so grains and getting the same speed really worth it...? Some might say yes and to some it won't be. Personally I feel it'd take killing about 6 ark fulls of game with each to see if there was ever a diff. I don't think there is but that's just my way.

I would not buy the Mod 7 in a WSM, no way no how and that is based off being around 3 of them in 300 that were at their best single shots cause they fed so incredibly bad! I loved how they felt as they're seductive lil rigs but I'd pass on them.

The T3 will feed I think the best of any of the WSM's day in and day out. And it's about as light as they come as well.

The Big Sky (which you didn't mention) is a good one but I cannot like the perch bellly nor am I true fan of the action. Though they've certainly gotten better but they still feel tinny to me, kind of a shovel +P. And at least now they feed ok. But that's all moot points as you didn't ask for info on this one so sorry for the rabbit trail. Now the up and coming 84L in an 06 is gonna be a player and about a pound lighter.

Best of luck to ya, I'd say just take your 25/06 and stoke it with 115 Nozlers.

Dober

"True respect starts with the way you treat others, and it is earned over a lifetime of demonstrating kindness, honor and dignity"....Tony Dungy