If you can swing it there is nothing quite like a NULA. I have built rifles from the ground up and handed about everything there is out there including worked over 700's by companies like Rifles INC. but for a truly lightweight package that does it all nothing bears a NULA. If you order one be very specific exactly what you want...actually if you could get to Melvins shop and handle several, look at paint options etc. it would go a long way to getting exactly what you want. The man stands behind his rifles.

For a factory rifle the Sako Finlights are pretty good. My son has a .300WSM and a .270. Right out of the box both are very accurate and as a bonus the WSM hold four down in the magazine, but both of them are at least 1-1 1/4 lbs heavier than the NULA

Being a lefty I have no experience with a Kimber, but considering their cost you could buy a Montana and if it didn't shoot have it rebarreled by a name smith and still have a relativley inexpensive light weight rifle that actualy shoots well.

Lefty C