Originally Posted by jimmyp
Originally Posted by CLB
Weatherby Ultra Lightweight.

I have heard some mixed messages regards accuracy on these, anyone else have a thought regards the UltraLW Weatherby?

I've posted regarding mine and my friends a few times on here. I have them in 338-06 and 280 Rem. Both shoot sub moa groups in fact I worked up a load for the 280 with a 140 Nos AB that is shooting about 1/2" at 100 yds, 3 shots. Friend bought on in 270 and another in a 300 win mag, both sub moa.

You do need to get used to shootin' such a light rifle and remember to pull the gun into your shoulder. Also, the thin barrel heats up quick.

My 280 with burris rings and mounts and a Leupy 3x9x40 weighs in at 6lb 14 oz. The 338-06 w/leupy mount and rings and a leupy 3x9 compact weighs in at 6 lb 15 oz. Best balanced rifles I ever carried. Also have a Weatherby Mark V SS Carbine in 7mm-08, B&C Medalist stock, Talley lightweights, and 3x9x40 leupy is 6 lb 13 oz. I actually bought the 280 and 7mm-08 off of members on the 'fire.

I haven't paid retail on a Weatherby yet though I bought 3 brand new but even at retail feel the ULW is worth the money