If cost IS a factor......then this is what I'd look at, and did. IIRC it's 5# 13oz bare and mine was 620$ out the door.

http://www.remington.com/products/firearms/special_runs/model_700_mtn_SS_guide.asp

Here's a pic of mine on the scale. It's wearing a Nikon fixed 6x42, Talley LW's and butler creek thin Neoprene sling. The stock was also painted with Alumahyde and webbing spray.

[Linked Image]

I restocked it with a McMillan Mountain Rifle stock that I ordered on the 4th of july sale and now it goes just an rch over 7#'s ready to roll.

[Linked Image]

Mine is completely floated with a dab of bedding to secure the lug. It's a solid sub-moa rifle for 3 shots that runs 75Vmax's at 3450, 90gr Scirocco II's at 3220, and puts them both within 1MOA of each other so swapping between loads is very simple. What's even mo' betta is that those 2 loads track within just about a .25MOA of each other out to 500yds after shooting them side by side.

[Linked Image]

Now I don't run any factory ammo so I can't help you there. The rifle as issued was not too fussy and I didn't have any problems getting to shoot less than an inch out of the box. Good luck in your search.

[Linked Image]