Dave,

If cost is an object at all, (and in my opinion even if it is not), you just can't touch a Montana for a light rifle. The NULA's are great if cost is no object, but for a rifle that can be had in the $1000 range, there is no comparison. On the new ones, you are very likely to get one that shoots and functions great out of the box, and if you get a basket case, you can fix it for a couple hundred or move it and lose a couple hundred and try another one.

I've bought 3 used at bargains off the 'Fire and they have all been great from the get go.

If you want light, you just can't touch Kimber for the $$$$, IMHO. Can't buy it, can't build it for anywhere near the price and get close to as light. Tikkas have their niche, and you know I have some and like them, but the Kimbers are in another league, and I have within a couple hundred of the same money in most of my Kimbers that I have in my Tikkas.

Quit worrying and snag a Montana...you are very unlikely to regret it, and quite likely to experience light rifle euphoria...grin.

It's worth a slight gamble, and nothing is going to be a sure thing.

DJ